- Notice: Undefined variable: token in bb_coveo_search_ui_block_page_attachments() (line 53 of modules/custom/bb_widgets/bb_coveo_search_ui/bb_coveo_search_ui_block.module).
- Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in Drupal\Core\Entity\EntityStorageBase->loadMultiple() (line 312 of core/lib/Drupal/Core/Entity/EntityStorageBase.php).
Add Headings to a Document
Headings make navigating documents easier for all
Reading long, dense text documents can be a daunting task for learners. Well-structured documents help students organize and process texts. By using headings in your document styles, you can design sections and sub-sections for your documents. Headings can help students navigate and comprehend texts, and are essential for screen readers.
If your document is missing headings, the file gets a medium accessibility score indicator.
Fix this issue in your word processing software and upload a new file when ready. Select the Accessibility score indicator to learn how to do this. Select What this means for an explanation.
Add headings to your document
You need to fix this issue in your word processing software. Open the document, add headings, and upload the updated file to your course. Select How to add headings for step-by-step guidance on how to do this.
Always choose "Heading 1" for level 1 headings, "Heading 2" for section headings, "Heading 3" for subsection headings, etc. "Normal" is used for paragraphs. Select your preferred software instructions in the instructor feedback panel and select How to create good headings for some quick tips.
- Select How to add headings and follow the instructions.
- Open the file on your computer.
If you don't have a copy of the file on your computer, leave the instructor feedback panel and download the file from the course.
- Add headings.
- Microsoft® Word: Select the text you want to make a heading. Select Home and choose the heading you want from the Styles group.
- LibreOffice Writer: Select the text you want to make a heading. Open the Set Paragraph Style menu on the Formatting bar. Select the heading you want.
- Save the file.
- Upload the updated file to your course.
If you still have the instructions open in the instructor feedback panel, select Next and Browse to upload your file. If you don't have the instructor feedback pane open, select the Accessibility score indicator next to the file in your course and select Browse to upload your file.