- Notice: Undefined variable: token in bb_coveo_search_ui_block_page_attachments() (line 53 of modules/custom/bb_widgets/bb_coveo_search_ui/bb_coveo_search_ui_block.module).
- Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in Drupal\Core\Entity\EntityStorageBase->loadMultiple() (line 312 of core/lib/Drupal/Core/Entity/EntityStorageBase.php).
In discussions, you can share thoughts and ideas about class materials. In Blackboard Learn, course members can have the thoughtful discussions that take place in the traditional classroom, but with the advantages of asynchronous communication. Participants don't need to be in the same location or time zone, and you can take the time to consider your responses carefully.
You can use discussions for these tasks:
- Meet with your peers for collaboration and social interaction.
- Pose questions about homework assignments, readings, and course content.
- Demonstrate your understanding or application of course material.
Watch a video about discussions
The following narrated video provides a visual and auditory representation of some of the information included on this page. For a detailed description of what is portrayed in the video, open the video on YouTube, navigate to More actions, and select Open transcript.
Video: Use discussions explains how to use discussions.
Open the Discussion Board
- Find the discussion board in two places:
- On the course menu, select Discussions.
- On the course menu, select Tools and then Discussion Board.
- The main Discussion Board page appears with a list of available discussion forums. On this page, you can perform these actions:
- Select a forum title to view the messages. Forum titles in bold contain unread posts.
- Select a forum to open the thread of posts.
- Select the number in the Unread Posts column for quick access to a forum's unread messages.
Course groups can have their own discussion boards. Group discussion boards are available only to users who are members of the group. If a group discussion board is available, you can find it in the groups link on the course menu or in the My Groups area.
More on opening discussions with JAWS®
You can edit or delete your replies if allowed by your instructor. If you post a reply in error and the options to edit or delete don't appear, contact your instructor.