- Notice: Undefined variable: token in bb_coveo_search_ui_block_page_attachments() (line 53 of modules/custom/bb_widgets/bb_coveo_search_ui/bb_coveo_search_ui_block.module).
- Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in Drupal\Core\Entity\EntityStorageBase->loadMultiple() (line 312 of core/lib/Drupal/Core/Entity/EntityStorageBase.php).
Looking for more information about Blackboard Collaborate? Go to the Blackboard Collaborate overview page.
Blackboard Collaborate Building Block
- Version: v.4.4.1105663 and v.4.6.1105661
- Release date: June 12, 2014
- Default state: Enabled
- Dependencies: Blackboard Learn 9.1 Service Pack (SP) 12 for Building Block Version 4.4; Blackboard Learn 9.1 April 2014 for Building Block Version 4.6; Blackboard Collaborate Enterprise license
The Blackboard Collaborate Building Block is available to Blackboard Learn Course Delivery clients who also license Blackboard Collaborate Enterprise and are on Blackboard Learn 9.1 SP 12 through SP 14.
ELM Server is not supported.
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 SP 12 (Build: 9.1.120113.0)
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 SP 13 (Build: 9.1.130093.0)
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 SP 14 (Build: 9.1.140152.0)
The Blackboard Collaborate Building Block is available to Blackboard Learn Course Delivery clients who also license Blackboard Collaborate Enterprise and are on Blackboard Learn April 2014 Release.
ELM Server is not supported.
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 April 2014 Release (Build: 9.1.201404.160205)
For installations of release 4.3.x or later, you can upgrade directly to 4.4.1105663 or 4.6.1105661.
For installations of releases prior to 4.3, you will need to upgrade to 4.3 and then upgrade to 4.4.1105663 or 4.6.1105661.
- The Blackboard Collaborate Launcher is now available to Windows users, giving them parity with Mac users. This utility provides a convenient and reliable way to launch Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing sessions and recordings. To learn more, see Blackboard Collaborate Launcher.
If you do not want to use the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher, do not install Building Block version 4.4 or 4.6. There is no option to opt out of using the launcher.
- When joining Blackboard Collaborate sessions, instructors and students now see preloaded files listed in the Room Details page.
The following issues have been resolved:
- Dates in the Scheduled Sessions and Recordings tables are now properly localized, resolving an issue found in version 4.3.x of the building block.
- Instructors can now edit expired sessions.
- The guest link is no longer displayed to students when they join sessions.
- External email invitees can now enter their own display name details when joining a session.
- The ListAttendance table is now used to store the session attendance, resolving an issue found in version 4.2.x of the building block.
- Instructors can now create sessions with additional moderators without making the session restricted.
- A guest link is now properly generated for My Room recordings.
- Instructors can now create guest-enabled sessions.
- Instructors can now alter access to restricted recordings.
- Instructors can now grant students permission to convert recordings.
- The guest link is no longer displayed for expired sessions.
- The moderator permission for new My Room sessions is now correctly assigned.
- Apostrophes in guest link display names no longer generates an error.
- Tool links to the building block in the course menu that broke in 4.3 have been fixed.
- The status of all recording conversions will be rechecked periodically regardless of state.
- Recording playback availability will now be checked properly regardless of recording conversion ability.
- The building block now creates Course Rooms when the tool is enabled , regardless of course duration start and end times.
- When instructors edit a series of sessions, integrated telephone data no longer disappears from the Room Details page.
- Issues with the Korean translation of the building block have been corrected.
- Instructors can now include Blackboard Collaborate session mashups in their announcements.
- Issues with the Attendance Pullback API are resolved.
Disable or Remove the Building Block
When the Building Block is disabled or uninstalled, data is retained in the database and will be restored when the building block is enabled or reinstalled.
The Blackboard Collaborate Building Block is a robust web conferencing tool set that enables instructors to connect with one student or an entire class. Instructors and students can collaborate using audio, video, and recording capabilities. Other functions include private and public chat, a whiteboard, application sharing, a clip art library, and web tour. Instructors can use the default Course Room and My Room sessions or create their own sessions.
Release Notes for Earlier Versions
Release notes for earlier versions are available in English only.