- Notice: Undefined variable: token in bb_coveo_search_ui_block_page_attachments() (line 53 of modules/custom/bb_widgets/bb_coveo_search_ui/bb_coveo_search_ui_block.module).
- Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in Drupal\Core\Entity\EntityStorageBase->loadMultiple() (line 312 of core/lib/Drupal/Core/Entity/EntityStorageBase.php).
Where are my group assignments?
Your instructor can display group assignments in different areas of your course. You might access group assignments from links on the course menu called "Assignments" or "Groups." Or, your instructor might incorporate group assignments into each week's content. Group assignments may also appear in the My Groups panel after the course menu. Ask your instructor if you have questions about how your course is organized.
Your instructor may make some of your group assignments available after a certain date or after you complete a certain task. For example, you might have to mark a lecture as reviewed before you may access a group assignment. Contact your instructor if you don't see a group assignment that you think you should.
If your group submits after the due date, the submission is marked LATE and penalties may apply.
Submit work for a group assignment
Your instructor provides all the information your group needs to complete a group assignment. One group member submits your group assignment. All members of your group receive the same grade for a group assignment.
If you're the member who submits a group assignment for the group, you need to select Submit. If you don't, your instructor won't receive your completed group assignment.
If your instructor hasn't allowed multiple attempts, you may submit your group assignment only once. Before you select Submit, be sure that you've attached any required files.
- On the course menu, select the link that holds the group assignment, such as "Assignments." Select the name of the group assignment.
In the My Groups panel, select your group name. On the group homepage, select the name of the assignment in the Group Assignments section.
- On the Upload Assignment page, review the instructions, due date, points possible, and download any files provided by your instructor.
- Select Write Submission to expand the area where you can type your submission. You can use the options in the editor to format the text.
- Select Browse My Computer to upload a file from your computer.
Drag files from your computer to the "hot spot" in the Attach Files area. If your browser allows, you can also drag a folder of files. The files will upload individually. If the browser doesn't allow you to submit your group assignment after you upload a folder, select Do not attach in the folder's row to remove it. You can drag the files individually and submit again.
You can use the file name or provide another name for the file.
- Optionally, type Comments about your group submission.
- Select Submit.
Be sure you select Submit or Save Draft before you navigate to another course area. Your work is NOT saved automatically. If you don't select Submit or Save Draft, other group members won't see your work. They do see that you've worked on the group submission and may be confused.
- After you submit, the Review Submission History page appears. You'll see information about your submitted group assignment and a success message with a confirmation number. Copy and save this number as proof of your group's submission. For group assignments with multiple attempts, you receive a different number for each submission. If your institution has enabled email notifications for submission receipts, you'll also receive an email with your confirmation number and details each time you submit coursework.
You won't be able to drag files to upload, view confirmation numbers, or receive email submission receipts if your institution uses an older version of Blackboard Learn.
Save a group assignment as a draft and submit later
On the Upload Assignment page, select Save Draft to save your work and continue later. Your text and files are saved on the page. When you return, you can resume working.
One member can save a group assignment as a draft and another member can continue later and submit the work .
- Return to your group assignment and select the group assignment title.
- On the Review Submission History page, select Continue.
- On the Upload Assignment page, make your changes.
- Optionally, type Comments about your submission.
- Select Submit. The Review Submission History page appears with information about your submitted group assignment.
When you finish your group assignment, you need to select Submit. If you don't, your instructor won't receive your group work.
Resubmit a group assignment
Your instructor may allow you to submit a group assignment more than once for a variety of reasons. For example, your instructor may provide comments on your first draft so that you can try to improve your work.
You may realize you made an error after you submit your group assignment. However, your group may not be allowed to resubmit the assignment. Contact your instructor to ask for the opportunity to resubmit the assignment.
If your group may make another attempt, select the assignment link in your course. Start New appears on the Review Submission History page.
Anonymously graded group assignments
On the Upload Assignment page, you're informed if your group assignment is set to be graded anonymously.
Your instructor won't see your group name during grading. Your instructor may choose to grade anonymously to eliminate bias.
You shouldn't include any identifying information with your submission. Don't add your name or group name to files you upload or use names in comments.
Frequently asked questions
Why can't I open our group assignment?
Contact the help desk at your institution. They can help you troubleshoot and download any application you might need. If you're not sure how to contact them, look for the technology office on your institution's website or search the web for your institution's name + Blackboard + help or support. Check to make sure you're using a supported internet browser and operating system for your institution's version of Blackboard Learn.
Why can't I find our group assignment?
Your instructor controls the date when group assignments become available. You might also have to meet other criteria to access the assignment. For example, you might have to mark a lecture as reviewed first. Contact your instructor for more information.
My instructor did not receive our group assignment. What do I do?
You need to discuss this issue with your instructor.
How do I edit or resubmit a group assignment?
You can't edit a submitted group assignment, but you may be allowed to resubmit it. Not all group assignments can be resubmitted. Check if you can submit an assignment more than once. If you can't and made a mistake, you need to contact your instructor to ask for the opportunity to resubmit the assignment.
In the Original Course View, if your instructor allows you to submit a group assignment more than once, a Start New option appears on the Review Submission History page. Select the group assignment link in your course to access the Review Submission History page.
How do I know if my group assignment has been graded?
In the Original Course View, the My Grades page displays all your grades. My Grades is often located on the course menu. The course menu appears on the left side of the course window. If My Grades isn't on the course menu, select Tools and select My Grades. If you submitted your group assignment, but it's not graded, you will see an exclamation mark next to the group assignment's title.
If your group assignment has been submitted and graded, the grade appears in the assignment's row. To view more detail, select the group assignment's title to access the Review Submission History page.