Messaggio di errore
- Notice: Undefined variable: token in bb_coveo_search_ui_block_page_attachments() (line 53 of modules/custom/bb_widgets/bb_coveo_search_ui/bb_coveo_search_ui_block.module).
- Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in Drupal\Core\Entity\EntityStorageBase->loadMultiple() (line 312 of core/lib/Drupal/Core/Entity/EntityStorageBase.php).
Bookshelf by VitalSource
VitalSource Technologies, the world's leading e-textbook provider, and Blackboard have partnered to deliver all the benefits of the VitalSource® Bookshelf® within the Blackboard Learn platform.
This integration works with Blackboard Learn 9.1 version SP 8 and later, and Blackboard Learn SaaS in both Original and Ultra Course Views.
The VitalSource resources are available in English only.
As a strategic partner to publishers, learning management systems, and campus bookstores, VitalSource has been delivering an integrated, synchronized e-textbook experience across multiple device environments to institutions for more than a decade. When VitalSource is integrated with a Blackboard Learn course, their leading e-textbook platform is directly available to instructors. VitalSource has extensive experience providing:
- Worldwide distribution of content
- Customized, branded e-textbook solutions
- Combined print/digital solutions
- Integrated analytics with your institutional systems
- Instructor usage reporting from within the course
- Rich media and interactivity development
The integration is free for institutions and instructors to use. Student access to e-textbooks is based upon the licensing model, Tuition Inclusive or Student Choice.
- Mobile. This is the first time you and your students will be able to access both their courses and e-textbooks through Blackboard MobileTM Learn, which is available as a native application on iOS and Android devices. Bookshelf e-textbooks are configured to work with the Apple iPhone®, Apple iPad®, Apple iPod Touch®, AndroidTM, and Amazon Kindle Fire® devices, in addition to online/browser-based access.
- Savings. You and your institutions have the opportunity to recommend a lower-cost textbook option to students.
- Clarity. An improved reading experience allows you to direct students to the exact section of an e-textbook. This eliminates any confusion with students about required readings, leading to higher engagement in course materials.
- Choice. You and your institution have access to a complete catalog of e-textbooks because of VitalSource and its collaboration with over 300 publishers from around the world.
The integrated solution is designed to meet the unique needs and business models of institutions:
- Tuition Inclusive: Ideal for Career schools and Higher Ed schools that include textbooks as part of students' tuition. Students are pre-licensed to have access to their course textbooks within their Blackboard Learn environment.
- Student Choice: Instructors can search, sample and adopt from the most extensive inventory of e-textbooks, and make them available directly for students to purchase within their Blackboard course environment instantly.
|Features||Tuition Inclusive||Student Choice|
|Students purchase e-Textbooks||Included|
|Search, sample, and adopt functionality||Included|
|Student success reporting and analytics||Included||Included|
|Buy and own, or rent||Included||Included|
|Multi-course textbook adoption||Included||Included|
Visit Behind the Blackboard to download the Bookshelf by VitalSource Building Block for Blackboard Learn 9.1 deployment. The building block is bundled with Blackboard Learn SaaS deployments.
After you have installed, configured, and made the Bookshelf by VitalSource Building Block available, instructors can begin using the integration in your courses. Users can access the integration through Partner Content > Content Market in any content area in Blackboard Learn. Users can also access VitalSource through the Content Market Tools option in the Course Tools menu.
More on how instructors use the Content Market
What do students experience?
Students can access VitalSource e-textbooks either through Blackboard Courses or Modules. To get started, students select the VitalSource e-textbook(s) and/or links that you embedded within the course. The student will be prompted to pair their user accounts and, for Student Choice models, purchase the e-textbook.