Providing support for easy meetings, small group work and online classroom sessions has never been easier than with Teams meetings.
Teams Meetings provides the ability to invite your class to join you in an online virtual call, allowing users to view past and upcoming meetings, schedule individual or recurring meetings, and join the Teams meetings related to the course directly from Learn Ultra. Teams Meetings also interacts with Teams classes in Ultra and will become automatically enabled when Microsoft Teams is enabled in your course, allowing you to schedule meetings in Teams for specific channels in your Class. Follow the guidance below to create a new Meeting in Teams.
When your Administrator has made the corresponding resources available, you can follow these steps to start using Microsoft Teams meetings in your courses:
- Open your Courses and select the course in which you want to enable Microsoft Teams meetings.
- Select the option to Enable Teams below the Microsoft Teams icon, in the Details & Actions menu of the Ultra Course View outline.
- On the pre-synchronization screen, select the Sync with Microsoft Teams button. It will trigger the roster synchronization process. This screen also offers information on what the integration will provide. This can take up to 15 mins to complete. You may need to refresh the page after completion.
- If you are not redirected automatically to open Microsoft Teams, Sign in to Microsoft Teams using your institutional credentials and follow the instructions to connect.
- Once the sync process has completed (you may need to refresh the page), the option to Open Microsoft Teams will be present. When you select this option two more options will appear in a drop-down menu: Open Microsoft Teams meetings, and Open Microsoft Teams classes.
- Select the Open Microsoft Teams meetings option to access the Teams meeting user interface.
- Select New Meeting from the menu to open the user interface and complete sections to create the meeting.
Note that for Ultra courses you will see the option to Add required attendees from the course or select to Add entire class.
- You can also choose to add a specific Channel in Teams to target the meetings specifically for those students within the channel.