- Notice: Undefined variable: token in bb_coveo_search_ui_block_page_attachments() (line 53 of modules/custom/bb_widgets/bb_coveo_search_ui/bb_coveo_search_ui_block.module).
- Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in Drupal\Core\Entity\EntityStorageBase->loadMultiple() (line 312 of core/lib/Drupal/Core/Entity/EntityStorageBase.php).
Institutional Hierarchy is available only if your school has access to Community Engagement features.
The Institutional Hierarchy is a hierarchy management user interface designed to allow administrators to create a multi-level framework within Blackboard Learn that mirrors their institution. For example, an institution with multiple schools with departments or multiple academic programs with academic plans and courses.
The Institutional Hierarchy is designed to allow administrators to delegate administration tasks to other users when appropriate. This means, for example, that individual campuses within institutions can now administer their own hierarchy level node such as, administering their own enrollments, courses, organizations, and branding.
- The Nodes panel displays the levels within the hierarchy and their child/parent relationships as a list. A node is a level in the hierarchy. It could be a school, program, unit, department and so much more. Each hierarchy level node contains the level enrollment, course, and descendant level node data. Select a node to open it.
- The page title identifies the hierarchy level node you are looking at.
- Create Children level nodes within the current node.
- From each hierarchy level node, users, enrollments, courses, availability and settings can be organized and managed.
- Search for specific hierarchy level nodes from the Search Nodes panel.
Find the Hierarchy
The Institutional Hierarchy is found on the Administrator Panel and can only be managed by administrator roles with proper permissions.