- Notice: Undefined variable: token in bb_coveo_search_ui_block_page_attachments() (line 53 of modules/custom/bb_widgets/bb_coveo_search_ui/bb_coveo_search_ui_block.module).
- Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in Drupal\Core\Entity\EntityStorageBase->loadMultiple() (line 312 of core/lib/Drupal/Core/Entity/EntityStorageBase.php).
Discussions look a bit different in the mobile app. Spend a few minutes getting familiar with the new look and you'll feel right at home.
You can read course discussions, start threads, and reply to posts. Tap your own post to edit or delete.
Original View Courses
Discussions are accessed from the Course Overview in the app. If you have a course menu link to the discussions tool in your Original View Course, it shows in Course Content in the app as well.
Compatible features. Features such as post first, rubrics, graded forums, and graded threads are compatible with the app. You can view posts' rich text and media in the app, but you must use the web experience to create posts with rich text and media.
Add files. You can share files from your device or cloud storage in discussion posts. Tap in the Reply box to reveal the keyboard and Add Files button. If you don’t see the attachment feature, your institution needs a system update.
Forums and threads. You can start new threads in the app. However, use the web browser view of your course to create forums.
Some Original Course View discussion features aren't in the app, but are still available in the web view of Blackboard Learn. For example, log in to Blackboard on a web browser if you want to rate posts or view group discussions.
You can't edit Original course discussion settings in the app.
Ultra View Courses
Discussions are accessed from the Course Overview in the app.
Compatible features. Features such as rubrics and graded discussions are compatible with the app. When you create a discussion and select Display on the course content page, it shows on Course Content as well as Discussions in the app.
Folders. If you used folders to organize discussions in your course, the folders are represented in the app as well.
File attachments and group discussions aren't available for Ultra courses in the app at this time.
Edit discussion settings
For Ultra discussions, tap the Settings icon to change settings such as the title, visibility to students, or make the discussion count as a grade. For more options, tap EDIT ON WEB to open the discussion settings in a mobile browser.
Changes you make in the app are reflected in the web browser view of your course.
You can edit these discussion settings in the app.
- TITLE: Change the title of a discussion that's already visible to students only when necessary to avoid confusing your students.
- Visibility: Make the discussion hidden or visible to students.
- Display in Course Content : Include the discussion alongside other content items on the Course Content page.
- Post first: Require students to post a response before they can view activity in a discussion.
- Grade discussion: Make the discussion count as a grade. You can also select a deadline for student participation and a point value. You grade discussions in the web browser view of your course.
Delete a discussion
To delete a discussion, tap the the Settings icon and then select the Delete icon. The discussion will be permanently deleted from the app and web view of the course.